Titanic Lifeboats. Titanic Lifeboats. Photograph taken from the RMS Carpathia, which rescued 705 passengers and crew after receiving Marconi wireless telegraphy distress calls. Fifth Officer Lowe commands Lifeboat No 14 and Engelhardt Collapsible Lifeboat 'D' is in tow. Carpthia, launched August 1902 was built by Swan Hunter at Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. White Star Liner RMS Titanic was built by Harland & Wolff in Belfast, Ireland in 1910 - 1911 and sank on her maiden voyage on April 15th 1912 after striking an iceberg off the coast of Newfoundland.
Digitally Printed on Archival Photographic Paper resulting in vivid, pure color and exceptional detail that is suitable for museum or gallery display.